MINDSVILLE @ NAPIRI
MINDSville@Napiri is a residential home run by the Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore (MINDS) to cater to the needs of the intellectually disabled. The home aims to maximize the potential of intellectually disabled persons by helping them to lead a life as independently as possible. On our end, our volunteers gather every Saturday to interact with the residents of the home. Our aim is to help the residents develop motor skills and independent living skills through simple yet fun activities such as art and craft, music, exercise and food preparation
WHAT WE DO
During regular sessions, we usually conduct programmes with a set storyline, accompanied by some simple yet engaging games, storytelling, and dance activities. During special events, we plan similar programmes as mentioned above but with a festive twist to them!
COME JOIN US
MINDSville@Napiri, 7 Lorong Napiri, Singapore 547533
(In Hougang, behind Bowen Secondary School, near Gracehaven Salvation Army and AWWA).
- From Ang Mo Kio : Bus service 25, 74, 132, 165
- From Serangoon: Bus service 147
From the bus stop (63311), walk past Blk 634 and Blk 638 and turn left to Lorong Napiri.
- Take bus service 156 from Seng Kang Interchange or bus service 43 from Punggol Interchange and alight at the bus stop Gracehaven S army (Bus stop no: 64109)
- Take bus service 103/109 from Serangoon Interchange and alight at the bus stop Opp Gracehaven S army (Bus stop no: 64101)
Every Saturday, 2.30PM – 4.30PM
Regular visits follow the order of:
- Funfit 1 (Arts & Crafts and Food Preparation)
- Tea break
- Funfit 2 (Games and physical activities)
- Short debrief for the day’s activities